Local Representatives

Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd / Gwyddelwern
Hugh Hesketh Evans

Welsh Assembly Members

Clwyd West
Darren Millar – Conservative
North Wales
Llyr Huws Gruffydd – Plaid Cymru
North Wales
Michelle Brown – UKIP
North Wales
Mandy Jones – Brexit party
North Wales
Mark Isherwood – Conservative

Local Member of Parliament

Clwyd West
David Jones – Conservative


Primary schools

Ysgol Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd
Headteacher: Mrs Helen Oldfield
Ysgol Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd, Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd, Ruthin. LL15 2RU
Phone: 01824 703169

Ysgol Pentrecelyn
Headteacher: Mr Andrew Evans
Ysgol Pentrecelyn, Pentrecelyn, Ruthin. LL15 2HG
Phone: 01978 790288


Secondary school

Ysgol Brynhyfryd
Headteacher: Mr Geraint Parry
Ysgol Brynhyfryd, Mold Road, Ruthin. LL15 1EG
Phone: 01824 703933 Email:
A list of school holidays can be found here

Further Education

Llysfasi College
Ruthin Road, Ruthin. LL15 2LB
Phone: 0300 30 30 007 Email:

Village Hall

Llanfair DC Village Hall
Neuadd Eleanor, Llanfair D C, Ruthin. LL15 2RJ
Contact David Owen: 01824 703136


In an emergency, if someone’s life is in danger or a crime is in progress, always dial 999

Coronavirus Updates



There are a number of other ways to contact the emergency services in non-emergencies;
North Wales Police: 101 or 0300 330 0101

Visit the North Wales Police website

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service Headquarters: 01745 535250
Visit the North Wales fire service website

Welsh Ambulance Services: 01745 532900
Visit the Welsh Ambulance service website

H M Coastguard, Holyhead: 01407 762 051
Visit the Holyhead Coastguard website

Denbighshire County Council Services
Please see Denbighshire County Council ’s website for a full list of services and advice.
Customer Contact Centre (Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm) 01824 706000
Adults and older People
You can report suspected adult abuse if you fear an adult is at risk.

Children and young people
Find out how to report a child at risk if you are concerned about a child’s welfare or safety.

Find out how to report mistreated, neglected, injured or distressed animals

Council house repairs
Find out how to request a repair to a council property

Homeless or at risk
Find out about the help available for people who are homeless, or at risk of becoming homeless

Phone Social Services

Adults: 0300 456 1000
Children: 01824 712200
Evenings and weekends: 0345 053 3116